Relax Bali diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yet another vote here for Liberty. As for relaxing, their pool area was wonderful. When we returned from diving, we jumped in the pool. The staff brought us a little fruit to eat while we stood in the pool. And a cup of tea if you wished. Relaxing, oh yes.

Yet another vote here for Liberty. As for relaxing, their pool area was wonderful. When we returned from diving, we jumped in the pool. The staff brought us a little fruit to eat while we stood in the pool. And a cup of tea if you wished. Relaxing, oh yes.

Hot tea or ice tea. No problem.
Coffee or fruit juice. No problem.

We're going back when we can!
We met a Dutch couple who've been going back to LDR every year for the last 10 years...

Aircon or no aircon? No problem?

- Bill

Hi Bill - we always have Aircon...just makes life that bit more comfortable... and it is a holiday!!

I think the Liberty is always crowded except early morning -- sunrise.
I don't agree anymore with that statement.
Early morning brings a small crowd of divers who heard that it's the only time for spotting the bumpheads. Light is dull and you will usually meet a number of people underwater.
8AM is the connaisseur hour : the early morning divers are back on the shore, the sun has started illumnating the wreck, the bumpheads are still there just a lttle further away, the Sanur crowd has not arrived yet. Usually there are not many divers apart from a few photographers.

Starting from 10AM until 3PM, the underwater hell begins.

3PM is also a nice time to get underwater as the Sanur zombies are preparing for their traffic jam nightmare back West.
6PM there are now too many divers doing a nightdive around the wreck or on the slope, it will end up looking like a prking lot.

So now you know when you can meet me diving the Liberty wreck :wink:

villa alba, great location,nice place, great service, no problems diving solo, tec courses available with gear, free scooters

don't agree anymore with that statement.
Early morning brings a small crowd of divers who heard that it's the only time for spotting the bumpheads. Light is dull and you will usually meet a number of people underwater.
8AM is the connaisseur hour : the early morning divers are back on the shore, the sun has started illumnating the wreck, the bumpheads are still there just a lttle further away, the Sanur crowd has not arrived yet. Usually there are not many divers apart from a few photographers.

From my (very limited) experience I would agree with this.
My first time on the Liberty was 7am - light improving, not many people on the wreck and saw a school of bumpheads, although I didn't get that close as we were on a lower level and on a mission, plus there were quite a few divers surrounding them (seemed like everyone was there).
I enquired about a night dive but my guide advised me it would be better to do an early morning one as its still dark, the sea tends to be calmer, we'd have the site pretty much to ourselves and the bumpheads should be there, plus you don't have to pay the extra for a night dive. Some others at the resort also recommended a pre-dawn dive. So I decided on a 6am start for my 2nd Liberty dive. Unfortunately the sea wasn't that calm and the vis wasn't great, but it was quiet and I got to experience starting the dive in the dark, getting lighter throughout the dive and surfacing with the sun just over the horizon :) I only saw a couple of bumpheads on that dive though.
As for Luko's connoisseur hour, my wife did an 8am dive and informed me it wasn't busy, the vis was good and she saw 16 bumpheads at close range.
Based on this, my next Liberty dive would've been (if we'd had time) / will be (when we go again) an 8am start.
Edit: forgot to mention that my wife also did a 9am dive. She said it was fine, not busy, but she only saw 1 bumphead on that dive.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom