Relax Bali diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dawn diving is not only to see schooling bumpheads, but also this beautiful giant:
IMG_7954.JPG

Dawn diving is not only to see schooling bumpheads, but also this beautiful giant:
View attachment 417986

Yes, I saw that beauty too :) Really close up as well. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera on that first Liberty dive as I just wanted to suss it out and enjoy the dive without any additional task-loading.

I don't agree anymore with that statement.
Early morning brings a small crowd of divers who heard that it's the only time for spotting the bumpheads. Light is dull and you will usually meet a number of people underwater.
8AM is the connaisseur hour : the early morning divers are back on the shore, the sun has started illumnating the wreck, the bumpheads are still there just a lttle further away, the Sanur crowd has not arrived yet. Usually there are not many divers apart from a few photographers.

Starting from 10AM until 3PM, the underwater hell begins.

3PM is also a nice time to get underwater as the Sanur zombies are preparing for their traffic jam nightmare back West.
6PM there are now too many divers doing a nightdive around the wreck or on the slope, it will end up looking like a parking lot.

So now you know when you can meet me diving the Liberty wreck :wink:

You're good Luko - really, really good!

In case someone reading this is not able to adhere to the Luko schedule, FWIW I have found the Liberty to be a great dive even when it is crowded (and I hate crowds). It is large and broken-up, with plenty of hidden areas to try. It's the best dive on that side of the island.

- Bill

my wife also did a 9am dive. She said it was fine, not busy, but she only saw 1 bumphead on that dive.
Because the rest of the gang is on their way to Coral Garden where they're scheduled around 10AM you will also spot them at 11AM on your way back from your coral dive on Alamanda.

Because the rest of the gang is on their way to Coral Garden where they're scheduled around 10AM you will also spot them at 11AM on your way back from your coral dive on Alamanda.

Yes I did see a couple of bumpheads at Alamanda, but in the afternoon. I didn't dive Coral Garden because my guide and other guests said the coral's bleached there and didn't recommend it. I did the Liberty twice, the drop-off twice and Alamanda once.
I'll bear your times in mind next time we're there :)

Yes I did see a couple of bumpheads at Alamanda, but in the afternoon. I didn't dive Coral Garden because my guide and other guests said the coral's bleached there and didn't recommend it. I did the Liberty twice, the drop-off twice and Alamanda once.
Probably the same group on their way back. they're going back and forth, so boring life to be a bumphead and dive Tulamben everyday!.
I agree Coral garden isn't a very good dive even when it was not completely bleached, that said it's still interesting for a few macro species.

Back
Top Bottom