Relatively inexpensive light with a "flood" setting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Go to your local photography store or theatrical supply and get any of the Rosco 100 through 119 diffusion filters. Rubberband a piece over the lens and instant cheap flood. And replaceable if anything ever happens to it. You could even easily combine diffusions with color correction gels. You might even be able to wrangle a swatch book and do some experimenting.

890 or 980? I know that really doesn't matter but its still conflicting information.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

890 NOT 980.

Thanks for the correction!

I use and sell this light. I can swap the 8 degree spot head for a 72 degree flood head, that is great for video. NO CHARGE.

yes, it has an available glove handle. :)

MORPH 1000-Backup Light

That's pretty cool, is it just a battery handle for a regular morph 1k head? If so, PM me a cost on the battery handle part if you can sell it separate!

I just have a problem with the "flood" setting.

Then don't get the "flood" version. This thread is about flood lights.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I get you now. punny. I like it

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

If you already have a light you like, I think you should try a diffuser first. If you have a good camera store you may even be able to check out those Rosco diffuser filters in person to see how they work. You'd need to rig a way to pop it on the light, but it seems like a pretty cheap and easy project overall, certainly cheaper than another light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom