Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riana

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am new to diving and just finished my AOW, I have purchased a BC (OMS) & wing,(60#OMS) semi-dry suit (8mm).
I am now looking at regulators.....I know that technical diving and instruction are the next 2 areas I will be looking at for the next couple of years and started buying just tec gear.........I am having a hard time narrowing down the field on regulators and was looking for some hope, strength and experience........before I start going to my LDS which says go with the new OMS
Any help..........

As for me I can suggest Apeks regs. Great performance and reliability.

Before doing to much gear buying, you really should drop by the quarry one day and meet some of the local divers. They will be a wealth of information as a lot of them are deep into tech/cave diving....dang, sorry about the pun...

I am having a hard time narrowing down the field on regulators and was looking for some hope, strength and experience........before I start going to my LDS which says go with the new OMS
Any help..........

Hi Riana,

Check out our Solution Finder under 'What should I look for in a tech regulator?' as this should provide you with some tips and information on what to look out for.

Perhaps check out the following regulator reviews from ScubaLab: Reg Review 2007 Reg Review 2008 They review a number of regulators from a variety of brands, including the Hurricane and the RG3000.

Good luck with your purchase!

Best,
Ag
http://www.diverite.com/downloads/diverite_118.pdf

Well you most likely need cold water capability and you're tracking towards a DIN configuration for openers. You probably want something serviced locally.

Getting into the nits of how you will eventually route things off of doubles may drive you to some physical designs. I agree that seeing a number of set-ups local divers are using would be a big help.

Some brands are more conducive to DIY service if that is an interest.

Try not to get too wrapped up in obscure details, buy the best you can afford but there is no absolute answer, you just want a good decision.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom