Regulators that are are less likely to free-flow when diving in cold waters ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(cold like in "canadian-cold")

Well, here is Temagami:

ice dive stuff 042[399].JPG

Argonaut Kraken & ScubaPro MK-2/156 on the pony

This was with -25F air temps...

Mares Abyss, most of the people I dive with use them. It has never missed a beat or had any free flows in 18 years of diving it. I like that there aren't any knobs or levers to constantly fiddle around with.

Service is a non issue. If you don't have a good local option, you can send poseidons to DRIS, or airtech scuba and you will be well cared for.

Unfortunately not quite that easy since he is in Canada like me sending them across the boarder to dris or airtech is not really an option due to customs. It makes it a lot bigger pain in the ass and potentially having customs wanting to charge you duty/taxes so better off finding a place up here to do the work

Unfortunately not quite that easy since he is in Canada like me sending them across the boarder to dris or airtech is not really an option due to customs. It makes it a lot bigger pain in the ass and potentially having customs wanting to charge you duty/taxes so better off finding a place up here to do the work

Very true.

Shippings costs from the USA to Canada have increased enormously in the past few years, and the customs duty/taxes will probably increase more and more in the upcoming years due to the international commercial dispute currently taking place.

I have decided that from now on all my purchases will be only made through sellers and distributors based in Canada. If it can't be bought and repaired in Canada, then it's not on my list.

I still buy most of my gear out of the US however i buy most of it used so i dont get hit as hard on price that way. I also use a reshipper to get my things up here so i dont pay as much in shipping as everything is shipped to a US address and consolidated, brought across the boarder and then shipped out of a canadian location to me. the difference in price is sometimes just too big to ignore. Was recently looking to get some quick disconnects for my regs cost price for my LDS up here was 100$CND each to his door without him making any profit, i could get them for 35$US out of hte states and total price to my door was 60$CND or so each and i was buying 3 or 4 of them...

really just need to know your pricing and see if the US deal is good enough to make it worth while to get it shipped up

I still buy most of my gear out of the US however i buy most of it used so i dont get hit as hard on price that way. I also use a reshipper to get my things up here so i dont pay as much in shipping as everything is shipped to a US address and consolidated, brought across the boarder and then shipped out of a canadian location to me. the difference in price is sometimes just too big to ignore. Was recently looking to get some quick disconnects for my regs cost price for my LDS up here was 100$CND each to his door without him making any profit, i could get them for 35$US out of hte states and total price to my door was 60$CND or so each and i was buying 3 or 4 of them...

really just need to know your pricing and see if the US deal is good enough to make it worth while to get it shipped up
I use USA to Canada - we bring your packages into Canada and am fortunate their Markham location is close to my home however they will reship to anywhere in Canada.

That is the main one i use as well, though when i was living in Toronto i would use CBI and just head over to niagra falls NY to pick them up once i had enough of them. Nice part with CBI is they dont give you a time limit on when you need to pick up your stuff, same flat rate regardless if you pick up right way or wait a few months to go and get it CBI USA | US Mailbox Rental & US Shipping Address Services

I also used CBI in the past but found Cross Border Pickups a lot more convenient especially when they opened up a location less than 2 miles from my house.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom