Regulators: Best Value x < $600 ex. Dive Rite, Deep 6, DGX, HOG, etc.

First Regulator Set: Best Value x < $600?

• Dive Rite XT

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Deep 6

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • DGX (Deep 6)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • HOG

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Scuba Pro (MK2 EVO w/R195)

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 10 14.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got certified today. Did two dives with the HOG D3 w/ Zenith and two with the Dive Rite XT. I preferred the HOG.

My takeaway is that I'm set on getting a HOG BC, but that I'm not 100% sold on which regulators to get. I'll have to give it some more thought. Thanks for the feedback.:cheers:

I’ve used most regulators out there, all I dive now is Atomic, easy to get kits for them (I only buy used) easy to rebuild great breathers, look for a used Z2 and you’ll save enough to buy a VDH backplate and wing or not.

Save money now because if you keep diving and dive a lot you’ll replace everything in a few years, if you buy right you won’t replace because you need to but because diving more causes a sort of brain damage that make you buy more gear.

The regs i want are so high I bought some cheapos for a stop gap until i can buy what i want. I got the Divers Supply house brand Sea Elite. Dove them the first time last weekend and I was very impressed, they breathe very smooth and easy. They are simple, no frills and very basic design, Cost me $199 shipped and came with everything but hose protectors and an inflaitor hose. I was a little concerned that there wasnt alot of info about them but im very satisfied for what I got for the price. They will work until I can round up the cash to get what i want.
Don't worry about hose protectors. They are unnecessary and cause more problems than they solve.

The regs i want are so high I bought some cheapos for a stop gap until i can buy what i want. I got the Divers Supply house brand Sea Elite. Dove them the first time last weekend and I was very impressed, they breathe very smooth and easy. They are simple, no frills and very basic design, Cost me $199 shipped and came with everything but hose protectors and an inflaitor hose. I was a little concerned that there wasnt alot of info about them but im very satisfied for what I got for the price. They will work until I can round up the cash to get what i want.
I recently got the Sea Elite after parts for my 30+ year old Sherwood became too hard to find. After tweaking the silly adjusters on fist dive, did fine.

Some gauge pRon.:D Picked up my goodies yesterday. I liked these regulators and I couldn't pass on them for the deal I got, so that sealed it.

Attachments

• IMG_20181004_083314.jpg
    IMG_20181004_083314.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 201
I hv a set of those and they are actually really good. I was impressed with how easy they breath and how well they performed, for $199 and free shipping they are hard to beat!

Back
Top Bottom