Regulators and Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

Yes i've heard of a shop having a fire cause they put AIR in a 'nitrox' tank. I guess since these issues 'doesnt exist' when it's all a hoax and if it's a hoax then why are you people pushing so hard on this? The way I see it your trying to justify you lack of quality control so you can maintain doing things the half hearted way.

Correct me if i'm wrong but what harm would it do to adopt the stricter standards? More work? Yea it would be abit more but then shops can bill out more and generate revenue.

Ed

These things always boil down to money not reality, and that is a fact.

I talk about it because it doesn't make any sense. It's as easy as that.

Mike

There is a big difference in tanks and regs. Nobody disputes the fact that you should have your tanks 02 cleaned, the disagreement is about regs. Show us 1 case involving a regulator, just 1.

Hello,

Sure there's a guy in cali who used a titanium reg with nitrox and it caused some fire/explosion or something like that. It's the 1st stage that's the problem NOT the 2nd stage.

Ed

The subject is about Nitrox cleaning, you and I and everybody else knows that NO amount of "Nitrox Cleaning" is gonna prevent that kind of fire. You don't mix O2 with a Class 2 combustible metal. So your example is moot.

ID

Hello,

The question was show one example, which I did.

Ed

Hello,

On this particular case they still are not 100% convinced that it was the titanium that caused it. So no I don't know for sure.

Ed

Could you provide a link or source of your information please?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom