Regulator Vibration on Exhale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stefan

Reaction score
I have recently received my new ScubaPro S600/Mk25 regulator. I have not yet had it in the water or even hooked up to a tank. I did notice that when I exhale through it, especially when I exhale slowly, there's a vibration. It varies from slight to quiet loud, and it changes when I slightly push on the purge button.
I've read on Rodale's website that this may be normal and will go away when I'm diving. Is this common with these regs, or all regs? Should I be worried about it? Is there anything I can (or should) do to make it go away?
Thanks very much in advance!

I've got an S600 also, and it definitely makes a fairly loud vibration noise when dry and hooked to a tank (don't recall if it was on inhale or exhale tho). I've never noticed the vibration once in the water. Haven't tried messing with the purge button, so not sure if this is the same issue that you're experiencing.

The ScubaPro S600/Mk25 regulator does have a vibration when breathed dry.
You will find once underwater the vibrations will stop and you will be breathing smooth as silk.

What you are describing is the exhale diaphram vibrating. This will happen with some regs (my g500 & s600 don't though) and should go away in water. Hooked to a tank, you may also experience some vibration out of the water on inhale. This one is usually also cured my water pressure dampening the inhalation diaphram in this case.

Attached link is to a thread with a vibration problem with the exhaust diaphram which persisted under water. I kept in touch with the author and she said that it cleared itself up after a few more dives without tech service.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12812&highlight=farting

Don't worry, you've got a great regulator.

This is a common occurence with most regulators and does not affect the performance in anyway it is happening merley because it is dry! :)

Len

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom