Regulator Suggestions: Atomic Z2, DGX/Deep 6, Deep 6 Signature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you talking about this one?
Cave Adventurers - Swivel - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!

Is it serviceable and can you get the required service parts (o'rings) easily?

Have you had any issues with it leaking over time at all?

Yes, that one.

It comes with a service kit, but I haven’t needed to do any of mine yet.

I have never checked whether the service kit is available for separate purchase. But, at the rate mine are going, by the time I use the included service kit and then eventually need another, I think I would be okay with it if I just had to buy a whole new swivel for $25.

Is the down port useful for just reaching the tanks and not kinking/making a big loop?

In a single tank setup, I use the bottom port for the reg with the longer hose. That lets it route under my arm without wanting to bow out to the side like it would if it came out of a side port on the 1st stage.

No special tools required? I have the Omniswivel and it is leaking now and needs service. It needs special tools and the cost of the tools and service kit cost much more than this Cave Adventures swivel unfortunately.
I’ll give you $20 for that leaker.

No special tools required? I have the Omniswivel and it is leaking now and needs service. It needs special tools and the cost of the tools and service kit cost much more than this Cave Adventures swivel unfortunately.
I believe it just uses a couple Allen wrenches, but I haven't had to rebuild mine yet, so I can't verify.

Is the down port useful for just reaching the tanks and not kinking/making a big loop?

A turret with a down port is the most adaptable for various hose routing configurations. When dealing with hose routing one thing you want to eliminate or reduce is sharp bends in the hoses.

After finals, check out the videos on YouTube by Dive Rite on how they set up a single-tank rig. You can also check out the video from Innerspace Explorers on the double tank setup. I know it is in your future but you can see why some divers prefer the down port.

Sidemount is still an open issue so it is best for hose recommendations to come from your instructor. With that said, having a regulator with a turret and down port cannot hurt you and may help you in some configurations.

A turret with a down port is the most adaptable for various hose routing configurations. When dealing with hose routing one thing you want to eliminate or reduce is sharp bends in the hoses.

After finals, check out the videos on YouTube by Dive Rite on how they set up a single-tank rig. You can also check out the video from Innerspace Explorers on the double tank setup. I know it is in your future but you can see why some divers prefer the down port.

Sidemount is still an open issue so it is best for hose recommendations to come from your instructor. With that said having a regulator with a turret and down port cannot hurt your and may help you in some configurations.
Thanks for the explanation! It sounds like it'd be useful, even without watching. After Monday my first round of exams is over, so hopefully I'll have free time soon

Back
Top Bottom