Regulator/ snorkel mouthpieces

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

minikinminx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Good day, I am a newbie diver who was wondering if it was possible to get mouthpieces of different sizes? I've found that after an hour or so of pool dives my jaw aches for days afterwards.

Is this something that one just gets used to, or are there options out there?

Thanks!

You may be clenching your teeth too much, I did at first and still do sometimes if I get tense. You can get a mouthpiece to conform to your mouth, it's just more expensive. I use a comfo-bite but I haven't seen them on the web. The one you heat in the water and form to your mouth is a seacure. I know people who use them and they love them.
http://crazyscuba.com/pd_seacure.cfm

I have a tiny mouth so I got a small mouthpiece that fit my regulator. Some might say it's a child's mouthpiece...you need to ask if it will fit your reg and snorkel. They sell them at crazyscuba too. Check them out, ask them if they'll fit your equipment. Made a big difference for me.

Good luck!
C U underwater, :snorkel:
ScubaDivaDivemaster
I love www.CrazyScuba.com, they saved me LOTS of scuba money! :sappy:

The mouthpiece on my Scubapro regulators are too big for me and gives me jaw fatigue, not to mention being harder to insert in my mouth. I switched to an Atomic mouthpiece and I love it. Smaller and softer.

If you don't like the larger "sea Cure" mouthpeices, try one of the Aqualung mouth pieces. they are my favorite. they have a peice that goes across the top of the inside of your mouth with makes it easier to hold onto the reg, reducing jaw fatigue.

Yes, the comfobite mouthpieces by Aqualung are great. Check with your LDS to see if they have one for your regulator.

Good luck,

Britt

Oh, and you might want to ask your instructor if you need a tad longer primary hose.

Just a thought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom