Regulator setup for DIR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LAJim:
To respond to the OP:

Have two identical, high quality regulators. Save yourself time and research and just buy a ScubaPro Mk 25 with dual S600 second stages. When you buy them make the deal with the dive shop to give you a second Mk 25 first stage with the total pricing for buying 2 complete Mk 25/S 600 systems. People can argue about Atomics or Apeks but I'm trying to save you time and get you to good result. (you'll need the second Mk 25 when you go doubles). Everything DIN.

You want identical second stages because in air shares, valve drills and what not you will be breathing your back up. If your back up breathes differently from your primary there will be an element of anxiety in switching regs that will change your breathing pattern and affect your buoyancy. You want reg switches to be nonissues.

Jim

Dang it, now I'm going to have to dump my regs, I didn't realize that was my problem.

Hello, In recreational diving you should have a color distinction between primary and alternate second stages. BTW, the Poseidon extreme a high ender and may tolerate collaboration with another brand. Check w/ a Poseidon reg tech to be certain.
Bat

Does this mean the team need to standardize to a specific brand model? Afterall I breath off my buddy's in an airshare.

I have used a dozens of different regs in valve and s-drills over the years. Breathing/bouyancy changes happen from anxiety, not the reg. My ancient USD octo backup works just fine on my single reg setup.

Good divers can use most any gear.

batmanusa:
Hello, In recreational diving you should have a color distinction between primary and alternate second stages. BTW, the Poseidon extreme a high ender and may tolerate collaboration with another brand. Check w/ a Poseidon reg tech to be certain.
Bat

DIR forum = DIR answers please :no

batmanusa:
Bat

No, in DIR diving color is not used as a distinguishing factor. The reg to donate/take is the one in your/buddies mouth. It's that simple.

If you happen to have a yellow one, I would suggest it be the one in your mouth, though.

Soggy:
If you happen to have a yellow one, I would suggest it be the one in your mouth, though.

My yellow one is around my neck since it doesn't breath as nice as the primary. Good enough, just not as nice. Its just my singles reg anyway for <100ft dives. I'll keep it in an OOA, give the OOA diver the higher performance 2nd stage.

I would seriously hope (the evidence of the other night notwithstanding :) ) that I would recognize an OOA diver approaching me and have my primary reg deployed before that person even has an opportunity to see what color it is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom