Regulator Servicing Cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3 first stages, 5 second stages (one total re-build), 2 air-II units, 3 gauge sets, 3 BC's (flush & sterilize), valve service on each, couple hoses, new mouth pieces, new console boot....

Why new hoses, mouthpieces, and console boot? Are you sure the old ones were bad? And did they really charge you for a new boot that they broke taking it apart? Out of curiosity, what was the charge for "flushing and sterilizing" the BCs?

I am so glad I never have to deal with this sort of thing.

On a tangent, do you dive with two 2nd stages and an air 2? Why? I thought the whole point of an air 2 was not having to use two 2nd stages.

Why new hoses, mouthpieces, and console boot? Are you sure the old ones were bad? And did they really charge you for a new boot that they broke taking it apart? Out of curiosity, what was the charge for "flushing and sterilizing" the BCs?

I am so glad I never have to deal with this sort of thing.

On a tangent, do you dive with two 2nd stages and an air 2? Why? I thought the whole point of an air 2 was not having to use two 2nd stages.

Here is the itemized receipt:

2 air-2 Repair Kits - $65.90
Mark 10+ Repair Kit - $24.95
Sherwood Console Body - $29.99
Blizzard Service kit - $14.98
SP inflator Plug - $4.95
2 Scuba Pro 109 Diaphragm covers - $39.90
G200 LP Seat - $8.95
G200 poppet upgrade - $14.95
new mouthpiece - $6.95
Poppet assembly - complete - $29.95
HP Hose - 32" - $44.95
3 - HP Swivel & SPG Service - $24.00
Labor - 6.25 hours @ $74.50/hour = $465.63

$776.05.......

Yes, mouth piece was torn, I knew that before. HP hose was returned with leak, asked for new LP hose on one reg. Broken console boot is in my posession - not happy about that.....

As to your other question, 3 sets of gear, 2 use Air-2, third one has an octo, and had another 1st stage re-built as a future stage bottle reg (and to add to my collection of SP109's).

Last edited:
Just checking to see what LDS are charging for servicing there regulators. Curious about SP MK16/17 mostly.
Thanks

I have an old Scubapro reg (1stage and two 2nd stages) that cost me $80 to service at one shop and $150 at another in the Washington, DC area. Guess which shop I'm going back to.

I just had a MK10+ rebuilt. Parts costed me $18, labor was $35 at the dive shop I chose. I also have a Ti2 1st/2nd serviced (with christolup packing) at the same dive shop. It costed me $100. I agree, reg service is expansive. This is why used reg worth so little compared to their new price. Yeah, DIY is the way to go if you have the skill and proper tools.

Ottawa: $100 to service at a shop a set of Apeks Tek3 (total - 4 stages) - in warranty
$100 to service at a shop a set of Flathead VI/ZX out of warranty - paid for the parts.
$30 to service at home Flathead VI/ZX paid for parts

Toronto: $70 for servising Flathead VI/ZX I brought my parts.

Servicing my USD RAM would cost me about $200 in parts, labour and shipping as noone does it here locally.

All those prices encouraged me servicing the gear myself sooner than later :)

elan.
Home service your RAM, uses current Aqualung bits.
Get the new silicone wagon wheel valves and duckbill.
The only tricky part are the can clamps and dings and scratches.

elan.
Home service your RAM, uses current Aqualung bits.
Get the new silicone wagon wheel valves and duckbill.
The only tricky part are the can clamps and dings and scratches.

This is what I do now :) I have the ring on both of my DHses so i do not have to deal with those clamps :)
After servicing my DHses myself I started overhauling my zeagles and apekses that are not on the warranty.

Well, found a "new" shop... MK-17 & 2 G250V's - $145.80 (nothing in warranty).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom