Regulator Service Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjones

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just wanted clarify some points regarding the Parts For Life program.

It is my understanding that the parts for life program covers the cost of the rebuild kits (excluding labour) if the regulator is maintained on a yearly schedule.

My first question that I can't seem to get a straight answer on is the outcome of when a service is missed. It was my understanding that if a year or more elapsed without a service, on the following service parts would not be covered. If the reg is serviced on schedule again following the last (uncovered) service than parts would then be paid for and covered by the PFL warranty again as per normal because it is again within the yearly service schedual. Is this true or is the PFL warranty void after the first missed service?

My second question regards the actual service itself. Are the regs internals replaced each service or are they replaced on a bi-yearly cycle with a visual and cleaning preformed on an alternating bi-yearly schedule therefor fulfilling the yearly maintenance plan.

Thanks for any information you can use to lighten these grey areas of mine.
PJones

Scubapro changed a lot regarding to their Parts for Life Program. Starting October 15, 2011, if miss the annual service you CAN NOT get re-instated in the RFL program.

Yes there were changes made on Oct 15th. Pls read the sticky note at the top of the forum. If you miss the one year service (with a month leeway), then you are unfortunately out of the PFL Program.

when you bring your regulaotr to an Authorized SCUBAPRO service center, they are trained to dissassemble, clean and replace all of the parts from the servcie kit. The service kit includes o-rings, seats and other items that are expected to wear with time. During the inspection, any other unusually worn or questionable parts are replaced, usually under warranty for the original owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom