Regulator record - anyone beat this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You laugh now, but if three other divers in the water with her go OOA at the same time she'll be prepared (does anyone teach a quad controled ascent?).
As for the isse with using you reg to pull yourslf along, that is just crazy, everyone knows you put your 4-gauge wrecking-ball-console on a long hose and throw it in front of you, then you just pull yourself along kinda' like horizontal rappeling.

"Who certifies these people? (This is not a flame). I am simply amazed..."

The evil diving force, PadI does, in a one afternoon course and a coloring book with pictures of pretty fish.

N

"Hard to believe they got on a boat to the SG. There are plenty of boats doing shallow reef."

Using their octapus as an anchor on the reef to pull themselves along is why the reefs are dying. I would prefer they take up staying at home. Sorry, I am not very PC.

N

tridacna:
I dived the Speigel Grove with two buddies today. 5 divers on the boat. Three of us and a very overweight couple. They look VERY nervous as we leave the dock..........
so what was the point of specifically stating they were overweight?

were your 2 buddies in trim & terrific shape or should you give us a critique on them also? if the other couple was a swimwear model material would you have made a comment about it?

but to your story... these people sound scary and i wonder how they get onto a dive on the spegiel to begin with

cheers

Nemrod:
"Who certifies these people? (This is not a flame). I am simply amazed..."

The evil diving force, PadI does, in a one afternoon course and a coloring book with pictures of pretty fish.

N

Agencies don't certify divers - instructors do, which I suspect is the problem here.

grassyknoll:
You laugh now, but if three other divers in the water with her go OOA at the same time she'll be prepared (does anyone teach a quad controled ascent?).

Three divers??? You've obviously not been trained to do an eight person buddy breathing ascent! :D :rofl3:

Warren_L:
Agencies don't certify divers - instructors do, which I suspect is the problem here.

Great line Warren. I agree.

tridacna:
Dive two on the reef. Both drop down with about 20lbs extra each. ("Just in case"). 4REG is dangling her three regs and computer. She grabs one reg in her right hand and uses it as a hook to pull herself on the bottom. Unbelievable to watch. Zero buoyancy control. Just hook and pull. Hook and pull. Entire dive in the sand.

Who certifies these people? (This is not a flame). I am simply amazed...

What's frightening is that she's been diving long enough to develop a technique. Just wait until she figures out that by using a 2 pound weight on 3 feet of rope in each hand she can double her pulverization, I mean propulsion.

Back
Top Bottom