Regulator ID-Dolphin logo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fmerkel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Older reg. Ist stage in good shape/stable IP, likely a piston. Dolphin logo only ID on it.
4000psi yoke, 2 HP ports, 4 LP ports.
Metal 2nd stage. Not sure if they came as a pair but has a very similar logo. Also in good shape.
IMG_2264.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2261.JPG
    IMG_2261.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2262.JPG
    IMG_2262.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2263.JPG
    IMG_2263.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 40
That second stage looks very much like Sportsways Waterlung, albeit with a different logo and purge retainer.

1000182401.png

As for the first stage I'm not sure, but it sure is very distinct with the wrench flats under the swivel.

1st stage is likely a Sportsway also. Found this on ebay. Certainly looks like my setup. Haven't been able to find any info on them for overhaul.
sportsway regs.jpg

vdh used to have info on them i think, but not sure if the manual stuff is still up

The second stage is almost certainly a Waterlung 200 or variant built after 1977.

There are a few second stages with this exact design around, from the Diving Systems Z90, to the Beuchat Voyager. I suspect it has something to do with the Sportsways brand name and tooling being sold to an Australian company in 1984 and them building this regulator for several others.

Beuchat - Voyager.png
Diving Systems - Z90 (Model 2).png

Attachments

• Waterlung 200 - Service Manual (1977).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
I went through the whole manual. The 200 looks the most like the 1st stage I have, but nothing in that manual is exactly the same.
FWIW, I opened it up. Looks to be a pretty simple unbalanced piston.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom