Regulator hose under arm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. Wife uses a 5' hose & elbow, routes down under arm and up to mouth.... the 5' is a little long for her to manage, and may go to 40"....

I use a 42" Miflex w/90 elbow under arm, but I think it is to long. I need a quick release clip to keep it against my side.

I watched the exact same video and tried doing it with a rental reg set, with "standard" length hoses. I found that the primary hose and the octo hose got into each other's way if I wasn't careful. It was probably not actually entangled but it bothered me enough to not try it again. I only tried this once so I'm sure there's a way to make it work.
FWIW, I now have my own regs set up with the backup on the necklace (as shown in the video) and a 7' long hose for the primary. I also have a 40" hose for the primary, which is what is in that video, and that works great too.

Yes, both myself and my wife (buddy) use the under-the-arm hoses. She uses 40 inch I like 44 better with 70-90 degree elbows. We both have bungeed backups and really like our setups.

yeah doubt that would work in a recreational hose config.

I've been using that for my backmount hose rounting for about 6 years now. Works very well. Swivels are required for shorter than 5' hoses obviously. I use 40" with a swivel for all open water backmount

i use a 48 inch braided hose under my air on all of my rigs. It is a nice compromise to the 5 or 7 foot hose. It is long enough to comfortably donate but not so long that it has to come up and around my neck

Primary on 40 inch hose routed under the arm with 90 degree elbow. Backup on short hose (I think 24 inch) on necklace bungee.

yeah doubt that would work in a recreational hose config.

The Sherwood Maximus has underarm routing. I never remember it being a problem with a normal octopus.

---------- Post added May 1st, 2015 at 03:17 PM ----------

I use a 42" Miflex w/90 elbow under arm, but I think it is to long. I need a quick release clip to keep it against my side.

The video does not show how the hoses come off the first stage however this is important for the hose length. If you have a reg with a downward port it makes for a neater routing and a shorter hose. If you have a first stage where the hoses route up and out from the side it can take a longer hose and the routing may not be tight against the body. I tried this set up using an Apeks FST and did not like it. It worked much better with a MK-25.

Back
Top Bottom