Regulator Geeks: Scubapro Mk19EVO - teardown & discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Off topic, Why is the MK19 EVO so expensive in the USA, I can buy it here for $211.68 US [converted from the AU $315] ?
Mind you if I lived in the USA , I would look at the Deep 6 range which is the reverse in price here [postage].

I’m guessing you’re not running a long hose out of the fifth port so up to you.

I personally aim the fifth port down regardless as people tend to grab at the hoses, this way they’re more likely to grab the handle of the tank
I have all the hoses for a long hose setup. So on the MK19, if I have the long hose going down from the fifth port, would I tilt the bottom off at an angle towards like the right knee?

Off topic, Why is the MK19 EVO so expensive in the USA, I can buy it here for $211.68 US [converted from the AU $315] ?
Mind you if I lived in the USA , I would look at the Deep 6 range which is the reverse in price here [postage].

Probably tariffs.

I have all the hoses for a long hose setup. So on the MK19, if I have the long hose going down from the fifth port, would I tilt the bottom off at an angle towards like the right knee?
Correct. Down beside your tank just in case you’re unaware (if you are, great). I’ve seen a few run it alongside their backplate and when the BC inflates it makes a VERY awkward hose angle.

Coincidentally makes routing your SPG and BC hoses a little tidier too by aiming them towards where they should go.

Correct. Down beside your tank just in case you’re unaware (if you are, great). I’ve seen a few run it alongside their backplate and when the BC inflates it makes a VERY awkward hose angle.

Coincidentally makes routing your SPG and BC hoses a little tidier too by aiming them towards where they should go.
Yeah I could see that. And it would tilt your necklace hose up a little over the right shoulder too.

I seem to remember Halocline and DA Aquamaster estimating 150 cuft for the Mk10 Plus in some old threads here?

Scubapro specs the latest unbalanced Mk2 Evo at 106 cuft (at full tank)...
I could see that on a full tank at 2500-3000 psi

That just can't be right. The whole point to the MK10 plus was to increase flow rates by introducing a more aerodynamic piston edge. Same with the MK20/25. There certainly is no other advantage to the MK10plus over the standard MK10. IP lock up is worse.

So why would SP make an upgrade to the MK10 that lowered flow rates by 20 percent? If they did, they probably would not advertise it! I'm confused about this.
Yes, it was supposed to increase flow rates. In terms of lockup I have not seen many issues in the last decade or more. Scubapro changed the material of the seat a while ago and it locks up reliably. It MIGHT (?) Last longer between servicing due to not really having much of a knife edge.

On the MK19, if using it for single tank diving, would people recommend mounting it upside down since one of the HP ports would go down to the SPG, the transmitter just sticks out to the side and the inflator and necklace hoses would sit higher to go over the shoulders?

I mount my first stages with rotating turrets, turret pointing down (slightly at a angle) with longer primary hose connected to the bottom 5th LP port always.

would I tilt the bottom off at an angle towards like the right knee?

Most likely yes, but this depends on the tank valve. I have valves with longer post so no need to tilt the first stage and other valves with shorter/standard post so I have to tilt the first stage almost 45degs.

Sorry I'm a bit late to the dance, but a great presentation @rsingler ! I'm leaning towards the Scubapro MK19 EVO First Stage and a couple of S620 TI Regulators.

Back
Top Bottom