Regulator Geeks: Scubapro Mk19EVO - teardown & discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems the MK19 is a great compromise for people sitting the fence between the Mk17 and the MK25. Sealed but with a turret and flow stats somewhere in between.

The Mk19e solves all our usual problems, but if I hold the compact Mk10 or my Atomic 1st stage next to it, then I am still on the fence. I like how compact the Mk17 is as well, but it seems the Mk19e is what the market wants, so Scubapro delivered...

That's surprising, I thought the concave seat and flared piston of the plus were supposed to increase flow rates over the mk10.
I seem to remember Halocline and DA Aquamaster estimating 150 cuft for the Mk10 Plus in some old threads here?

Scubapro specs the latest unbalanced Mk2 Evo at 106 cuft (at full tank)...

That's surprising, I thought the concave seat and flared piston of the plus were supposed to increase flow rates over the mk10.
I had the same thought, a photo of the MK10 plus page from the catalog has been added to post #139 for reference.

The catalog specs for MK10 plus are 73 SCFM @ 3,000 psi & 60 SCFM @ 500 psi.
That just can't be right. The whole point to the MK10 plus was to increase flow rates by introducing a more aerodynamic piston edge. Same with the MK20/25. There certainly is no other advantage to the MK10plus over the standard MK10. IP lock up is worse.

So why would SP make an upgrade to the MK10 that lowered flow rates by 20 percent? If they did, they probably would not advertise it! I'm confused about this.

There certainly is no other advantage to the MK10plus over the standard MK10. IP lock up is worse
I have not did not know this, I have both, the Mk10+ now sits in a box and the Mk10 is still used [as a back up regulator].
The Mk10+ has 1,000s of dives on it and now retired.

On the MK19, if using it for single tank diving, would people recommend mounting it upside down since one of the HP ports would go down to the SPG, the transmitter just sticks out to the side and the inflator and necklace hoses would sit higher to go over the shoulders?

On the MK19, if using it for single tank diving, would people recommend mounting it upside down since one of the HP ports would go down to the SPG, the transmitter just sticks out to the side and the inflator and necklace hoses would sit higher to go over the shoulders?
I’m guessing you’re not running a long hose out of the fifth port so up to you.

I personally aim the fifth port down regardless as people tend to grab at the hoses, this way they’re more likely to grab the handle of the tank

AS with the MK25 I mount it upside down.
Now this is a 'ballpark figure', not everyone is the same, Shorter than 5'7" down, taller up, works well for most people.
This has worked with people I have helped set up gear for.
Transmitter and SPG has not been a problem with hoses.

Back
Top Bottom