Regulator free flow issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saboteur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all. Yesterday while gearing up for the morning dives my octo started free flowing. We attempted to switch it to one of the dive boats octo's with the same result. I took it in to a dive shop and he checked the IP, which he said was off the scale. The set up is a Zeagle Envoy II with Oceanic Swiv octo, it is about a year and a half old with about 60 dives on it. I had it the reg looked over and the IP checked (not serviced) before I left and the IP was right on spec. Its been working fine on my monthly pool dives and for the first week of this trip. l'll get it looked at back home at my LDS, but for my own knowledge what sort of things can cause the sudden problem. Thanks.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Yet another reason I advocate having an IP gauge and regularly checking what is going on within your set (not saying anything against the OP - obviously he did have it checked and it passed). This seems like it was a sudden failure but maybe the gauge would have seen a creep developing before it let go. Having a spare 1st & 2nd is always good insurance especially on a big trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom