Regulator found in Comal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RumBum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I found a regulator 2nd stage while diving the Comal last night. If it's yours and you can describe make, model, etc. PM me.

It was such a cool find, Karma owes me big time for posting this! :cool2:

Does it have a hose like thing coming out of it and a sort of mouth piece? If so, I think it's mine. :D

You have to post it just to find the story behind it. It's got to be a good one.

You have to post it just to find the story behind it. It's got to be a good one.

I agree. There's got to be a story there. I wonder if the owner will 'fess up?

rumbum,
If zzzKing gets out of hand, just let me know. I know where he lives.

so just the second stage and hose unscrewed from the first? Did it look like it had been down for long or was it just laying there without any silt? I owuld love to hear the story of how it got there too.

No it does not look like it's been out there long. Probably a trashfest loss. The owner still has the hose. It was attached with a male/female type swivel adapter. I've got the male end. :)

Hmm, I read a while back about a swivel recall. So you think the swivel just came apart and the reg dropped off? Not as dramatic as the chewed frayed hose with a reg on the end I had imagined!

No it does not look like it's been out there long. Probably a trashfest loss. The owner still has the hose. It was attached with a male/female type swivel adapter. I've got the male end. :)

Did you look in the trash can for the female end?:D

I would think this would cause an immediate free flow condition. Probably ended this person's dive.

It's mine, It's definitely got a diaphram on it, the swivel of course, and a mouthpiece held on with a zip tie. On top of that, it's got a lot of plastic. I can't believe I just left it there and never noticed the free flow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom