Regulator catastrophe on New Year dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I plan on taking it to my LDS that sold it to me, and seeing what they say. Not sure how to report it directly to SP.

I'd email the SP technical support with pics. Their email is listed on SP's USA website I think.

Did you have the OEM mouthpiece on? Wondering if the zip-tie was changed and a tool used to tighten and was inadvertently overtightened.

Did it have one of the cam-type mouthpiece retainers? If not put on in an exact orientation, they can stress the mount point....

Did it have one of the cam-type mouthpiece retainers? If not put on in an exact orientation, they can stress the mount point....
It was the stock retainer (never replaced):
IMG_20230103_072905979_HDR.jpg

Totally guessing but it looks like something wedged between the mouthpiece and the exhaust tee. This is no an easy part to break but in general the second stage bodies are not crazy expensive.
im hoping/guessing that SP would like to see it and “may” replace it for you, just don’t mention the self service part unless you have their cert.

Do you have a picture of the piece that broke off?

Totally guessing but it looks like something wedged between the mouthpiece and the exhaust tee. This is no an easy part to break but in general the second stage bodies are not crazy expensive.
im hoping/guessing that SP would like to see it and “may” replace it for you, just don’t mention the self service part unless you have their cert.
You are probably right, I just don't remember the event that caused the damage. It probably happened during the preparation or entry, but you would think I would notice it since, like you say, breaking that part would not be easy.

I only mention self service here :cool: , and haven't serviced this reg yet.
Do you have a picture of the piece that broke off?
Nope, that piece disappeared before I even notice it.

Back
Top Bottom