regulator care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Correct.

Even with Sherwood changing their trusty, old, tried and true 1st stage and going with their sister company's (Genesis) version of the same technology, they still have a fantastic product to offer!

I use the rinse tank on the boat too dip then soak in the tub back at my hotel/condo after each day of diving. Back home,fresh water I rinse with a hose at the camper then soak when I get home. My regs. still look almost new.

My Oceanic manual says soak, preferably under pressure for at least 1 hour. Don't press the purges then give a gentle rinse and allow to air dry away from direct sunlight. Also send to the shop for annual routine service and performance tests.
I lay the whole set up down in my bathtub and set the oven timer...I own 4 Al80's so I've always got a way to do this after a dive trip fresh or salt water...

I rinse my gear down with a freshwater hose, re-cap my regulator (dust caps never go in the water with me), and toss in a sink or tub while I finish rinsing and putting away the rest of the gear. Then the reg gets tossed on a hanger with everything else to dry...

Lots of worrying about this, and understandably so. You just got a schpiffy new toy and want to take care of it properly. You can go to great lengths and complicate this as much as you want, but the above will work just fine.

But don't forget the annual routine back at the shop...

You're correct - Rinsing your gear after diving is no substitute for routine gear maintenance, and is likewise ineffective at curing cancer, bringing peace to Israel, or ending world hunger.

=p

I hook mine up to a pony and soak them in the sink or tub.... Have gotten rave reviews from my LDS for the cleanliness of my regs at service time......(except for the one incident of vomiting barbque chicken through a reg underwater........hey seas were rough....man's gotta eat)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom