Regulator adjustment question??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maxmaxum

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have a Mares Proton that was supposed to be an octo but came in as a standard 2nd stage but im still using it as an octo. Is there going to be a difference in adjustment. ie: is it going to free flow more easily?
Thanks

I don't know about Mares Proton specifically, but many regs have identical insides and a different colored outside to distinguish an octo.

I have a Mares Proton that was supposed to be an octo but came in as a standard 2nd stage but im still using it as an octo. Is there going to be a difference in adjustment. ie: is it going to free flow more easily?
Thanks

It all depends how it was set-up to begin with. As mentioned the seconds stage except for color is often common in design. The alternate will usually be set to breath a little stiffer to avoid free flows. If it breathes OK and does not erupt in free flows you should be all set.

Pete

Yeah I have two of these and both are metal protons, one has a yellow plug on the side and the ser. # indicates it to be an octo, the other has a black plug but the ser. # iindicates it as a standard reg. both are used as octos. If it does free flow is the adjustment something that can be done in the field?

The adjustment isn't recommended in the field. Technically it could be done, but there is no way to know you have your orifice set correctly and it doesn't take it to be much out of adjustment for it to be pretty worthless when needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom