Registration & Service record books

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

natew

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just got all my new gear in, Dragon BC, Abyss 22 Reg and Air control. Both the regulators came with booklets with a mail in registration card and a service record but I don't see one for the BC. Is there one of these for the BC? Any big deal in not having it? And what happened to the nice little plastic cards you guys used to have with the serial numers on it?

its not a big deal to not get a card with the bc, because you can probally register the equipment on the internet, which most manufactors want you to do anymore. i have not seen one of the cards with serial numbers on it in a while, but thats not to say some gear dont still have them.

but what i didnt see mentioned in your post is that the owners booklet was filled out by the shop you got your gear from. the last couple pages of the book should have spots for the servicing of you equipment. this needs to be filled out every year when you get your gear serviced. if they did not fill in the intial space for the first year (which would be date of purchase) they might not be an authorized dealer, and now you wont get free service kits when you do yuor annual service.

good luck with your registration, and have fun with your new gear

Hi, BCDs do not come with the plastic card as mentioned. Not required to register your products, although recommended. If your bcd did not come with registration form, you can contact your dealer that you purchased it from and request an alternative. The most important document to save is your receipt of purchase. This is critical for any warranty claims should there be one.

Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom