Register your Products for Warranty...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just a friendly reminder for everyone. When you buy stuff, not just scuba, register the product for the warranty. Alot of places do allow you to register online.

Now back to Scuba.....Quit a few of the Manufacturers, and I am assuming more will follow, are being stricter on their warranties. My assumption is due to the economic times, they are not as loose on sending things out. Whether that be out of warranty or a product not registered for warranty.

This week, we did have a manufacturer almost deny a claim because the customer didn't register their product. This was a dive computer, some pretty big bucks....A couple others have said they are tightening up on warranty claims.

Don't leave it open for debate...you don't want to be back on here complaining the Manufacturer didn't honor your warranty. Just do it when you get home, at the shop when you buy it, or when it comes in the mail. Just do it real quick and its over :wink:

Just a friendly suggestion

Interesting. It is my understanding that such limitations (warranty registration) are not permitted (legally) with Full Warranties and must be clearly stated in Limited Warranties. I looked on your site to try to find an example warranty for an Oceanic computer but could not find any warranty info. Did I miss it somewhere?

Interesting. It is my understanding that such limitations (warranty registration) are not permitted (legally) with Full Warranties and must be clearly stated in Limited Warranties. I looked on your site to try to find an example warranty for an Oceanic computer but could not find any warranty info. Did I miss it somewhere?

Well without registering and without a receipt, there is not much proof if it is within the warranty timeframe. Not everyone keeps a receipt :wink:

I had a customer without the receipt, not purchased thru us, so we didn't have it on file. They were still able to get it covered, but did say they are cracking down on not registered and no receipt claims.

I do not have warranty info on all of the products on our website. Big job, and we are just a dive shop, not LP $money or staff$ :wink: YET:eyebrow:

I am not saying it is legal or illegal, but it would be interesting to know. Its not my call....thats all up to the Manufacturer

Last edited:
I believe the FTC rules on US warrantees state that there is no need to register for a manufacturers warranty but you must save your receipts for proof of purchase. Just because there is a registration process doesn't allow the manufacturer to disqualify for not registering, if you can prove that the warranty period is in effect.

I believe the FTC rules on US warrantees state that there is no need to register for a manufacturers warranty but you must save your receipts for proof of purchase. Just because there is a registration process doesn't allow the manufacturer to disqualify for not registering, if you can prove that the warranty period is in effect.

I thought the same thing but a little research suggests that may only apply to "full warranties". It looks like scuba gear gets "limited warranties" with one common limitation being a requirement in the written warranty to register the product within a specified time period. I have not found anything invalidating that limitation.

Back
Top Bottom