Reg recovery?

My 'first try' reg recovery method is:

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4. I do not know from your post if your dive buddy has experienced diving as the OOA / recipient diver, breathing from a second stage on a long hose (7ft), that you are supplying. If not, once she tries it, I suspect she will love it. It is SO-O-O easy. My wife and I both dive a long primary hose. And, her SAC is lower than mine. So, when we dive on Bonaire, we usually spend time a) practicing air share drills, and b) using an air share - from her to me - to balance the gas supply in our AL80s. With a long hose we can swim comfortably, near each other but still with a bit of separation, along the reef and see the cool stuff, and end up surfacing with the same amount of residual gas.

I like the yellow purge cover idea! I'll have to do some searching. I think you are absolutely right about trying the 7ft hose, I'm sure she'd recognize the benefits as soon as we tried it. Especially during swim throughs! Hoping someday soon we'll both be using identical configurations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom