Reg or not to reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pillow

Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to be diving from a cruise ship. Two cruise dives and one independent dive.
I am taking fins/mask/snorkel/compass sparekit and sausage. Will wear 3mm framer john shorty. Will dive St thomas, St Lucia, and Granada ( if the ship still goes to Granada)

I dive cold (55-62 F)freshwater ar 5000+ feet, I wear 24 lbs with a 6mm shorty, 5'9 210. Any guesses on weight with the 3 Mill FJ shorty???

Should I take my regs and computer??

Thanks

Definitely take your regs and computer. There's no point in trusting your life to rental equipment if you have a choice IMO.

As far as weight, my DH is 6'4" and around 215 and with a 3mm full suit carried 16 pounds of weight. I'd guess you'll have around 12 pounds with a shorty and being a little lighter.

Definitely take at least your computer, if not the reg also. I have always taken mine, not that it is the absolute best reg ever made, but I know when it was last serviced and it has a seacure mouth piece which is much more comfortable than a stock mouth piece.

I'm going to guess that you will need 12-14 lbs. You will be about 4 more lbs more buoyant in salt water compared to fresh.

Back
Top Bottom