Reg advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Advice needed if possible please.

I started diving this year – as I knew I was hooked after my DSD I bought my own gear. My Reg set - MK2/R095 Regulator, R095 Octopus, has been great and I have no issues with it at all and I have dived now 25 times with it, can’t fault it, it is as sold to me bulletproof.

On a trip to Phuket we used hire equipment and I ended up with a Mares Prestige reg set. I am usually an air hog and can suck up my tank quickly, however I noticed on this recent trip, we did 9 dives 3 on NITROX that my air consumption was much better.

Is this simply a case of more experience resulting in better gas management or is it a result of the reg set.

Would there be a benefit in my upgrading – is this possible? my ScubaPro set or am i better off biting the bullet and upgrading to a different set altogether.

We dive in warm waters only, usually no more than 30Ms - manily around 12-20Ms

All feedback much welcome.

Thanks

A.) Changing regs won't improve you air consumption.
2.) Why have you posted this in the "Going Pro" sub forum?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom