Refugio, Jan 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jxross

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Happy new year Crabs,

I know this is super short notice, but I will be doing a couple dives at Refugio on Friday at about 10 AM. Anyone is welcome to join me.

Hey jxross, I'm up for a dive tomorrow. Where at Refugio where you planning to meet/gear up, and how many tanks are you bringing?

I will be at the east side of the beach with two tanks. hope to see you there.

Happy new year Crabs,

I know this is super short notice, but I will be doing a couple dives at Refugio on Friday at about 10 AM. Anyone is welcome to join me.

Sorry I missed the notice. I live about 15 minutes away and like diving there! PM me when you make it back in this area.

Sorry I missed the notice. I live about 15 minutes away and like diving there! PM me when you make it back in this area.

Me too! I have been out for awhile as Rich knows. Just laser eye surgery and two more weeks and then I will be ready to dive again. I live only 15 mins away from there as well and will be doing more dives up in Santa Barbara in the up coming weeks.

Me too! I have been out for awhile as Rich knows. Just laser eye surgery and two more weeks and then I will be ready to dive again. I live only 15 mins away from there as well and will be doing more dives up in Santa Barbara in the up coming weeks.

Your still alive? Thought ya disappeared...... Hope things are going well and we need to get back in the water soon.....

I have camped at Refugio and watched divers enter the water but I was covered in tar just walking around the beach. Is that a problem or was it just where I was? I would hate to get tar all over my gear. I think I will plan a camping trip again and bring my gear.

I have camped at Refugio and watched divers enter the water but I was covered in tar just walking around the beach. Is that a problem or was it just where I was? I would hate to get tar all over my gear. I think I will plan a camping trip again and bring my gear.

Yes SB County beaches have a plethora of tar. Always have that I can remember over the last 40+ years and my father would agree who has lived here for 75+ years.

I've dove Refugio quite a bit with my son. He loves the easy access and there are a couple of really nice dives from the beach. I've got at least 20 dives logged there and have never had to do more than rinse my gear. I suspect that tar collecting on the beach presents a bigger problem than once you have entered the water.

I suspect that it would make a really great night dive but day use ends at sunset so it only an option for the campers. So, I would think bringing dive gear as an excellent idea.

thanks for the information on the tar. Yep. It's a camping/dive trip in the works. I love easy access for beach entries.

I've done two dives there. Its one of those places I really, really want to get back to.

I was stunned at the reef and rocks there. Very cool terraced rocks, loaded with nudis and sharks and fish. I saw my first Hilton's Nudi there - then saw about a zillion more.

I was very, very impressed with my two dives there. I can't wait to get back there with the scooter, as I remember the place being pretty big.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom