Refugio, Jan 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonathan and I had two very nice dives on Friday. Conditions could not have been better, although I think one of the "waves" may have gotten a few splashes of water on my mask during entry! :D

Visability was about 25 feet and so surge at all.

We saw about a dozen different species of nudis, a small octopus, several shark egg cases, and all the regular critters. Hopefully Jonathan will post pictures soon.

We also found a couple of interesting objects. Jonathan found an old Orange Crush bottle and I found a wooden cross thingie. If anyone has any info on what it might be, I would appreciate it. (hopefully picture attaches).

And as for the tar, I walked quite a ways on the beach and I didn't see any. Same goes for underwater...well, I didn't actually walk underwater, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• P1040741.jpg
    P1040741.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 62
Jonathan and I had two very nice dives on Friday. Conditions could not have been better, although I think one of the "waves" may have gotten a few splashes of water on my mask during entry! :D

Visability was about 25 feet and so surge at all.

We saw about a dozen different species of nudis, a small octopus, several shark egg cases, and all the regular critters. Hopefully Jonathan will post pictures soon.

We also found a couple of interesting objects. Jonathan found an old Orange Crush bottle and I found a wooden cross thingie. If anyone has any info on what it might be, I would appreciate it. (hopefully picture attaches).

And as for the tar, I walked quite a ways on the beach and I didn't see any. Same goes for underwater...well, I didn't actually walk underwater, but you get the idea.

Interesting Find. Would also like to know what it is.

Interesting cross thingy. I will be waiting to see it anyone has any more information on that. I like to here about NO Tar. I can't wait to get a campsite and plan a dive there.

Hey everyone, yes conditions were excellent, and we saw a huge variety of nudibranchs. We also found some interesting items. In addition to the Orange Crush bottle, which I was able to date to 1958, I came away from the dive with 2 golf balls and 3 heavy duty brass suicide clips. I was able to get a few pictures with my new underwater camera on the first dive, and while most of them were out of focus (I still need quite a bit of practice) there were a few decent ones, which I've attached. This was one of the better beach dives I've had, and I'm looking forward to diving here again soon. Thanks again to jxross for being a good buddy, keep us up to date if you find out anything more about the cross.

Attachments

• Anemone+Nudibranch.jpg
    Anemone+Nudibranch.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Cross.jpg
    Cross.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Jxross.jpg
    Jxross.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Nudibranch+Urchins.jpg
    Nudibranch+Urchins.jpg