Reefguy's Venice Beach Tooth Finding Guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReefGuy!!! How the heck are ya??? Long time no see. Hope all is well!

I am planning to dive this site (first time diving in Florida)
Can someone recommend what type of exposure suit do I need in mid November?

If wet suit, what would be a recommended thickness? Full wet suit or shorties?
Would dive skin do the trick?

Should have read the beginning of the thread all the way to the end (got my answer about appropriate exposure suits)...

Is there a chance to find anything on my first dive (not too far from the shore)?

There is always a possibility of finding teeth on your first dive on Venice beach, But it's hit or miss diving without another diver with local knowledge. There are several dive charter operations in the area that can put you on the right spots or contact a local dive shop and buddy up with another local, or hire a Divemaster that is experienced in sharktoothing to lead you.

i think i have the numbers to the bone yard , at least that's what i call it since it has been so good to me everytime i go there if any one wants them i will post them, just say the word.

Can you share them with me? Thanks!

Dr. Paris

Can you share them with me? Thanks!

Dr. Paris
Just letting you know that this thread is eight years old. You may get a hit but don't hold your breath.

I don't remember any numbers ever being posted, but doubt they'd be useful anyway. The boneyard isn't really a "spot", more like an area.

Thank you for the original write up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom