Reef Tank Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMarine

Reaction score
I know keeping a reef tank can be a controversial topic. All my corals and fish have been propagated from other tank raised corals and the few fish I have are all tank raised. Doesn't it make sense that these two ways of life would intersect with eachother. I had to show someone my corals as they bring a whole new world to my living room. Anyone else enjoy the aquaria life?

I had a 75g aquarium (hence the username, it's why I got into diving) until Charlie wiped it out. I'd had it for 5 years and had some irreplacable corals in it. It's loss was really hard, and I haven't set it back up again (although, I am starting to think about it again).

I keep natural aquariums. Live plants in a freshwater setting. Takes about as much time as a reef tank. Super expensive light setups, filtration setups, co2 injection systems, daily maintence of water testing, trimming plants, replanting plants, and fertilizing. It also requires 50% water changes every week.. Definately about as much maintence as my reef tanks were. I am looking to reset up a few of my smaller tanks as nano-reefs.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom