Reef-safe suncreen, non-stinging options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use ThinkSport, no issues with stinging eyes when I sweat heavily working outdoor/tropics for long hours and repeated applications. Honestly haven't dove/swam with it yet to know how the water interaction works.

Fun fact for everyone: Think Sport, LIVESTRONG, and Think Baby are identical sunscreen formulas. The only difference is the scent between Thinksport and Think Baby. Email from customer service (which I sniped from an Amazon Q&A):

"...the base formulas are identical. The only difference is that the baby and kids version use papaya & the thinksport & LIVESTRONG use currant...to mask the smell of zinc oxide. They are all baby safe from 6 months and up... We know from our other products, that parents won't buy for "baby" unless it says "baby". But.....we also know that when kids turn 5, good luck getting a product that says "baby" on them. For the thinksport & LIVESTRONG, we have some places that really want our brand and others that want LIVESTRONG."

Moral of the story; price shop between the three, especially if you're not exceptionally sensitive to different scents. You shouldn't notice any more or less stinging of the eyes with "baby" vs regular "sport."

I use ThinkSport, no issues with stinging eyes when I sweat heavily working outdoor/tropics for long hours and repeated applications. Honestly haven't dove/swam with it yet to know how the water interaction works.

Fun fact for everyone: Think Sport, LIVESTRONG, and Think Baby are identical sunscreen formulas. The only difference is the scent between Thinksport and Think Baby. Email from customer service (which I sniped from an Amazon Q&A):

"...the base formulas are identical. The only difference is that the baby and kids version use papaya & the thinksport & LIVESTRONG use currant...to mask the smell of zinc oxide. They are all baby safe from 6 months and up... We know from our other products, that parents won't buy for "baby" unless it says "baby". But.....we also know that when kids turn 5, good luck getting a product that says "baby" on them. For the thinksport & LIVESTRONG, we have some places that really want our brand and others that want LIVESTRONG."

Moral of the story; price shop between the three, especially if you're not exceptionally sensitive to different scents. You shouldn't notice any more or less stinging of the eyes with "baby" vs regular "sport."

Thank you for sharing this. I discovered and start using (and loving) ThinkBaby stick because I work for a company that carries this product and since I can get it at a discount, I was compelled to try it. I didn't think I would love it but it's now a staple for me, alongside Stream2Sea, which we do not carry, unfortunately...I can't get the Buyer of that department to do it. When I first tried it, I was like......why do we have all these versions of Think. Am I crazy or do they FEEL the same?! So I bought based on SCENT!

It all makes sense to me now, and applaud to marketing for knowing the kids thing about having something with "baby" on it. Hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom