Reef Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

another mike

Registered
Reaction score
Any comments about the Reef Club?

(aside from those who think they should get the accomodations, food and service of the Waldorf in Mexico for $1500 Cdn)

Have been twice, loved it in '99, a little less in '01, going back in '05 (can't wait! will be using ANYONE BUT SDS as a DO).

thnx,

dive sherpa

another mike:
Any comments about the Reef Club?

(aside from those who think they should get the accomodations, food and service of the Waldorf in Mexico for $1500 Cdn)

Have been twice, loved it in '99, a little less in '01, going back in '05 (can't wait! will be using ANYONE BUT SDS as a DO).

thnx,

dive sherpa

My wife and I were at Reef Club in January. The food in the 'restaurant' was edible but marginal in quality. We tended to eat at the grill (hamburgers) everyday for lunch, unfortunately so did everyone else. Breakfast and dinner was not enjoyable. We simple ate what would be consifered best of the bad. The fancy restaurant was a welcome change as the food there was much better. Rooms were comfortable, bed was a little hard but like you mentioned, you can't get the Waldorf at these prices.

I'm curious about your comment about SDS as we felt they did an excellent job - but then we were (and are) still relatively new divers. I'd like to know where they fell down in your opinions as I may have missed somethings due to inexperience.

One of the couples we met there actually bought into the 'time share' portion of the club.

Randy

Hated in last November, but the memory is starting to fade. :cheering: I tried to wear my wet beach clothes to the outdoor grill, but found it covered in flies or the food at air temperature. :l: Gave up, wore my beach clothes to the inside cafe. No one said anything to me.

I don't think they were actually cooking there. When I got tired of slow service, I went back into the kitchen, and - nothing. Guess they were trucking it in from another hotel.

I travel to dive, as I could lay on the beach in Galveston just fine. You cannot use SDS lockers unless you dive with them, and it's a long hike from room to dock. Some trust the operators to leave the gear on the boat, but I'm not one.

I think all beds in Coz are hard. Go to the department store and get a foam pad. Of course, you are a very long way from there when you stay at the south end.

My wife and I were just at the Reef Club 9-4 to 9-11. We liked the place and will go back agian. The food was so-so But we went to dive, not eat! the beds did suck I have slept better on a park bench with a brick as a pillow. Sand Dollar Divers as a dive shop was ok but they have this 1 boat that I think is to small for as many they try to put on it.
Like I said we will go back to the Reef Club.

if the iberostar cozumel is close in price (i've certainly seen it go for less than $1,500 cdn), go there instead. great food, nice rooms & comfy beds. also VERY close to dive sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom