Reef Clean up with Ocean Watch June 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba_Jenny

dirty-finned dive goddess
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok, folks it's that time of year again! Who is up for a reef clean up? We did Pompano Beach Pier a couple years ago, so am planning this event again for the same area. Divers, snorklers, and beach walkers are welcome to join the fun. OceanWatch usually has a party afterwards.

Count me in .... the pier is neat for finding oddball items.
Sunglasses, cell phones, tons of lead fishing weights, urns ...

Count me in.

If i am not working I'll be there to do my share. I have been on a day to day scheledule for so long....

Its on my calendar

I'm ready for a pier dive, count me in

Angie and I are in...that's right....we're re-introducing ourselves...sorry for the long layoff; we really missed diving with you guys...lots of things going on. We need another BBQ at Marvel's very soon LOL. Renee, so what were you and Marvel talking about Angie and I at Fill Express last Saturday? I'm wondering if I should start believing Mark...lol

Cool Beans Rick and Angie. Look forward to seeing ya'll again!

Sounds good to me. If I don't have prior obligations I'll be there.

Can someone tell me what does it mean? I'm a new diver and never did a clean up before, do I dive and clean the reef? do we clean the beach? how many tanks should I bring? max depth?

My instructor was very good when he taught us, every time when we go diving if we see any trash in the reef we pick it up and bring it to the boat.

I will appreciate any information/links you have.

We will be at Pompano Pier. The clean up starts at 9:00 A.M., but you will want to get there earlier to sign in, and set up gear. I plan on being there by 8:15 or so.
Bring gloves and a cutting tool, blunt trauma sissors work very well. One tank should be enough, with a max depth of about 15'. You will probably pair up with a buddy and as a team remove debris from below the pier. Oceanwatch will give a dive breifing as what to take and what to leave.
Also, OceanWatch will have a thank you party afterwards, I heard maybe downtown Ft. Lauderdale, but those details are not finalized as of last week when I talked to Keith.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom