Reeeeeeally long second stage hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I breath on deco regs that are suspended at 15/20 ft all the time. The tank is on the boat and while they never breathe as nicely as my reg, they do fine.

I don't even want to think about how many hours I have been 10, 20 or 30 down working on a standard reg (mostly an old Dacor) with 50 or 100' of LP hose.

It works great.

If you do enough work to dedicate a reg it can be helpful to put in quick disconnects so you can use shorter or longer hoses as needed.
Shop air hose like you can buy at Home Depot will work but make sure it is clean and is only used for breathing air.

Remember that most Hooka rigs only compress the air to about 40 psi (second stage designed for this pressure) and they work fine down to 60' or more.

The other thought that came to me... if you use an inexpensive non-balanced reg - like a Mares R2 Axis Pro you'll feel the tank getting low with plenty of warning... should start dropping off around 2-300 in the tank to the point you should notice it if you're being at all aware. Of course with any of them, you'll know with enough time to move a few feet to the side then come up 4 or 5 feet. But the non-balanced 1st stage will draw harder as you get in that 300 range... might be a nice warning for you.

Obviously you knew that was my reg! Yeah I know, but it was cheap... I had noticed that it becomes a bit harder to breathe with lower pressure but didn't know that was caused by the type of reg. Thanks for that... ...N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom