REDUNDANT COMPUTER (where do you put it?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Larry

Reaction score
Anybody using two wrist mount computers (one as backup)? Assuming the primary is AI and hoseless and on your left wrist, where do you mount/wear/secure the second computer - right wrist?

I dive with three computers. The first, and most important, one sits inside my cranium and is responsible for all the important calculations and overall dive management. My second computer is a Vyper on my right wrist and the third is a Stinger on my left wrist and also doubles as my daily wear watch. I monitor my cylinder pressure via a pressure guage clipped off to a D-ring on my left side positioned so I can glance down at it periodically. I just do not quite trust hoseless pressure monitors quite yet. Unlike UP I do use my Suunto computers in EAN dive mode for recreational diving, but after I take my advanced Nitrox and Deco classes and get used to working with some deco software they will most likely be changed over to guage mode for most of my dives. Yes, I can do tables and practice with tables, but I do not like the Navy tables and have yet to find a good set of RGBM deco tables.

you ain't got to be nice... just say it :wink: If they don't like it they will get over it.

Rich :mean:

My primary A.I. is on a cable on my B.C., my second computer is on a string and a clip inside my B.C. pocket.

Thinking Vyper for secondary- soon!
Caymaniac:)

Primary AI computer (Suunto Vytek) on Right wrist and backup (Suunto Mosquito) on left wrist.

Primary is the AI Suunto Cobra, with redundant non AI Suunto Vyper. I really like this combo because the Cobra and Vyper have an identical layout, so you still only need to learn one computer. Everytime I work with the Vyper, I am simultaneously learning more about the Cobra.

I'm diving a wrist-mount Vyper and a Mares Surveyor mounted in their Mission console. I am giving serious consideration to moving to just an SPG on a hose and retiring the Surveyor to one of my pockets to use only in the case of a failure of my primary computer.

Edited because I was able to get the SPG out of the mission console with no trouble.

I dive a Cobra and my back up in a Vyper on my left wrist as it is easier to check both at the same time. I have a pony pressure gage attached to the HP of my first stage as a further back up that my buddy can check at will

And check them often :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom