Redondo Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like you have learned what the rest of us know...

DIVING IS GREAT FUN....

Welcome to the club.

I'm totally hooked. It's going to take some time to aquire all of the gear I need/want. Until then I can still rent, and take more classes. I'm already signed up for stress and rescue. After that I will do the nav. class.

What others should I take?

I'm still very new so take this for what it is worth... I wouldn't sign up for more classes yet. Unless you are just DYING to take them. You are certified, so go dive! I think you will learn a lot from diving with more experienced people, and any class you take will go more smoothly when your basic skills are refined a bit from practice.

I think Matt's right! Try to hook up with some experienced divers and get out and work on those skills.

BTW, I'm impressed as all get-out that you tried a green-water ascent during your class. I had 50 dives under my belt before I executed one successfully!

Don't be too impressed TSandM. I talked my instructor into trying it. Had he not been there I would have yo-yo'ed all over the place. It was very difficult. I thought I could deflate my BC, kick to 15 feet, get neutral, and wait. It was not that simple. Kicking did not seem to be working. It may have been working and I didn't know it, but it didn't feel like I was moving. So I added air to the BC, not much, just a couple of puffs. That, of course worked very well, sending me to about 10 feet before I could get enough air out of the BC to become negative. You get the picture. Fun and challenging but not very successfull.

Alex37:
Don't be too impressed TSandM. I talked my instructor into trying it. Had he not been there I would have yo-yo'ed all over the place. It was very difficult. I thought I could deflate my BC, kick to 15 feet, get neutral, and wait. It was not that simple. Kicking did not seem to be working. It may have been working and I didn't know it, but it didn't feel like I was moving. So I added air to the BC, not much, just a couple of puffs. That, of course worked very well, sending me to about 10 feet before I could get enough air out of the BC to become negative. You get the picture. Fun and challenging but not very successfull.
It gets better with practice ... if you didn't end up on the surface on your first attempt, you're ahead of the curve ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom