Question Red Sea RE Aggressor trips to Sudan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It looks like a nice trip, but a quick check showed airfare at $7K+ from Albany.

Hello,
The waters of Sudan in May are warm and full of life.
Sha ab Rumi is a joy visiting Con Shelf, Cousteau uw habitat or nice remnants thereof.
Deep dives off of this location have a variety of sharks as we hook into the rocks in the current.
Sudan both north and south this time of year has been for us prolific in abundance of marine life. The variety and healthy coral is remarkable in Southern Egyptian and Sudanese Red Sea
We have been in April and May, supposedly May is the best time.
Glad to hear that. Thanks for the tips! 👍

It looks like a nice trip, but a quick check showed airfare at $7K+ from Albany.
No kidding! Are you talking about business class?

I just made a quick check through Expedia from Houston to Hurghada roundtrip for $861 with multiple airlines one of them is Swiss Air. If I go with Turkish Air as I have done it before, it’ll be $1198.

From Albany, NY, it’ll be $1434.

0A661A5B-9442-4DCA-A850-715F6EB48204.jpeg

I did a quick search on the United site and those were the numbers that came up, both currently and for next May. I see a number of sub $2K flights on Expedia, but most of them on the order of 40 hours. I'm obviously not a sophisticated traveler.

Thanks!

What do you think about 18 May 2023 trip, @scubadada @dflaher @BoltSnap?

I am seriously considering it. I have an underwater photo competition in Aqaba in Jordan around that time and I have to ascertain when it will take place exactly and decide if I can go. @scubadada has to go however 🙂

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom