Red Sea Pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great photos Nessy.

I am glad to see that such good results are possible with the V4!

I have added a DIY flash diffuser to my housing. I will post the results after the weekend.

Cheers,

Andrew

ShoalDiverSA:
Great photos Nessy.

I am glad to see that such good results are possible with the V4!

I have added a DIY flash diffuser to my housing. I will post the results after the weekend.

Cheers,

Andrew

I like the sound of the DIY Diffuser. If you can, take a picture of the housing and post it here so that I can see how you have done it.....

Cheers Andrew
Martin

Nessy:
I like the sound of the DIY Diffuser. If you can, take a picture of the housing and post it here so that I can see how you have done it.....

Cheers Andrew
Martin

Dont know if it will work underwater, on land I use a white cotton handkerchief over the front of the strobe held on with an elastic band, works great

Nessy:

Hi Martin,

Here are some pics of the diffuser. While I was at it, I added an additional handle. Useful for steadying the camera and for holding during the backward roll.

I made it from scrap aluminium, perspex and some white Delrin stock for the diffuser. The handle and the base are covered with self-healing rubber electrical tape.

Cheers,

Andrew

ShoalDiverSA:
Hi Martin,

Here are some pics of the diffuser. While I was at it, I added an additional handle. Useful for steadying the camera and for holding during the backward roll.

I made it from scrap aluminium, perspex and some white Delrin stock for the diffuser. The handle and the base are covered with self-healing rubber electrical tape.

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, looks like you spent some serious time in the workshop there, I'm impressed!!

I've added some more photo's from my trip at the same link as above if you want to take a look. Let me take a look at some of your pics some time.

If I don't speak to you before, have a great new years - it could get messy!

Cheers
Martin

Thanks Martin.

I have also opened an album at Grove Street:

My Album

I have posted reduced size photos - approx 1008x667 pixels to keep the size of the uploads down. These were taken on my first four dives with the camera. The learning continues.

I haven't taken any with the diffuser yet - I am hoping to this weekend.

Cheers and have a great celebration tonight!

Andrew

ShoalDiverSA:
Thanks Martin.

I have also opened an album at Grove Street:

My Album

I have posted reduced size photos - approx 1008x667 pixels to keep the size of the uploads down. These were taken on my first four dives with the camera. The learning continues.

I haven't taken any with the diffuser yet - I am hoping to this weekend.

Cheers and have a great celebration tonight!

Andrew

Great photo's. Good luck this weekend, very jealous of you getting out as its a bit too cold and rough to get out and dive here at the moment.

Have a good one.
Martin

Hi Nessy,

I went diving this weekend with my brother. I used the flash diffuser and thought you might be interested to see the results. I took two shots of a crayfish, one with and the other without the flash diffuser. I believe it works well, I just have to remember to swivel it away for the long distance (>.5m)shots.

Cheers,

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom