Red Sea Liveaboard with a non diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to a BDE route on Grand Sea Serpent this year. Internet was absent most of the time. Snorkelling not really an option vast majority of the time as well. You certainly can read all day long, but I guess that's it for the entertainment.

I had a lot of fun and enjoyed every bit of it, but for a non-diver I would absolutely discourage.
Let me know should you have any questions.
Can you expand on the GSS experience? How was the food? The cabins? Cleanliness? DMs?

Would you return or try another boat/route?

If I choose to go solo(lol) which route should I choose? I have 200 dives and have never dived in the Middle East. There is one trip that is 14 nights that goes to Brothers, Daedalus, Zabargad, Rocky Island and St Johns.
Worth doing?
Better options for my first foray?

I have been on six Red Sea liveaboards, plus numerous land based dive trips. I think the trip that showcases the Egyptian Red Sea the best is one that takes in Brothers and the Northern Red Sea (the northern part of the trip covering Ras Muhammad, Thistlegorm and Abu Nuhas) For me that showcases the variety of diving available, with a good mix of deep drop offs, wrecks and marine life. However not many operators offer that route.

The trip you have in mind will be fantastic. Those are all classic Red Sea dive sites. I am going back in October to do a Daedalus, Zabargad, Rocky and St Johns. I haven't dived the southern part of that route for over ten years, so looking forward to going back.

I did book a trip on GSS when it was first launched, but unfortunately it wasn't launched in time, so I got put on a different boat. That was years ago now. I have seen GSS a few times since and it looks to be a good boat.

I am going back in October to do a Daedalus, Zabargad, Rocky and St Johns. I haven't dived the southern part of that route for over ten years, so looking forward to going back.
I am equally curious - which boat did you choose and why?

I am going on Royal Evolution. As for why, the dates fitted with the time I have, price was good and a friend was on the boat last year and had a good trip. Also it visits an area I haven’t been to for a long time.

I am going on Royal Evolution. As for why, the dates fitted with the time I have, price was good and a friend was on the boat last year and had a good trip. Also it visits an area I haven’t been to for a long time.
Not familiar with that boat but pricing is very reasonable.

If your boy friend absolutely needs wifi, forget a liveaboard, as wifi is created with 4G, not available far from the coast.

Why not trying to convince him for a week land based + a week aboard ? Try to develop the theory of daily avoiding bubbles by sport, i.e. making love.... :daydream:

Why not trying to convince him for a week land based + a week aboard ? Try to develop the theory of daily avoiding bubbles by sport, i.e. making love.... :daydream:

That’s what we did earlier this year. We are doing it again in August and still have available space. One week in Dahab and then a second week on board a liveaboard out of sharm.

After the first week in Dahab, I told the head liveaboard dive guide that I had already had such a great trip, that I didnt care how the week on the liveaboard went. Well, that was great as well. Egypt was the single best dive trip I have even been on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom