Question Red Sea Liveaboard - MY Samira

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbnbart

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Can anyone share experience or recommend the Red Sea MY Samira liveaboard. Looking to travel in June and found they offer north, along with Brothers, which seems the best of both worlds. Any other recommendations appreciated.Thanks!

I’ve only been on one liveaboard so no basis for comparison, but I loved my experience. It was with Red Sea Explorer. I believe the owner is Egyptian. The captain and DMs coordinated with divers, asking the groups what they wanted to do and accommodated them when it fit the schedule. Also, their instinct to follow a pod of dolphins was on point as the dolphins ended up swimming with us on several dives. Most of the other divers were annual repeat customers. Food was delicious and service was impeccable.

I’ve only been on one liveaboard so no basis for comparison, but I loved my experience. It was with Red Sea Explorer. I believe the owner is Egyptian. The captain and DMs coordinated with divers, asking the groups what they wanted to do and accommodated them when it fit the schedule. Also, their instinct to follow a pod of dolphins was on point as the dolphins ended up swimming with us on several dives. Most of the other divers were annual repeat customers. Food was delicious and service was impeccable.
I should also share, they were on my list! Problem is for the route I would have to wait till late July, arrg! But thanks!

We have been on several Red Sea liveaboards and loved every single one. The Brothers and the North sounds like an excellent route. We spent two weeks in Sharm last October, just after Boris Johnson took Egypt off the Red List. The reefs and the wrecks in that area are fabulous.

Thank you! I’ve been told that the north is a must for my first Red Sea trip, but then I saw that I could combine with Brothers 👍👍. I did my first liveaboard in Turks and Caicos in January, Agressor, and I could tell right away that the crew made all the difference, they were great. They were super conscientious, and the food! I’m always optimistic, but traveling a long way… :wink:

I’ve only been on one liveaboard so no basis for comparison, but I loved my experience. It was with Red Sea Explorer. I believe the owner is Egyptian.
Is this the MY Red Sea Explorer, that's operated by Extra Divers? Looks pretty luxurious, but I think the owner is German, if it's the same boat.
Looking to travel in June and found they offer north, along with Brothers, which seems the best of both worlds.
I've never been to the Red Sea but if/when I go next year I plan to look seriously at this route.
Which boat/route did you decide?

The Samira cancelled on me with no notice during covid. No communication until I sent them several messages. They then told me that I wasn't eligible for a refund and if I re-scheduled they were raising their rates 20%.

I ended up still going, but went on the Aggressor - Both Aggressor II and III.

Can anyone share experience or recommend the Red Sea MY Samira liveaboard. Looking to travel in June and found they offer north, along with Brothers, which seems the best of both worlds. Any other recommendations appreciated.Thanks!
We were on it 5-6 years ago , it is smaller than many of the boats we have been on but crew and furnishings were good. Diving is always good in the Red Sea , atleast for us, so far. We have considered other trips on this boat but so far timing has not worked out. Since this boat is alittle smaller if the sea gets rough they might not want to take you far due to time and roughness of the ride. Our dive guide and mgr. of the boat at that time was excellent. I believe he now runs the office for this boat and another boat , its sister boat or brother boat which ever you prefer. ENJOY ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom