Red Sea Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nobody laughed at our drysuits when we took a December Red Sea Aggressor trip a couple of years ago. The constant cool breeze that so chilled the other divers getting out of their wet wetsuits didn't faze us. (Trip report posted in Red Sea forum.)

couple of quick questions for you ( comparing other liveaboards in the red sea)

1) Was anyone diving dual sidemount?
2) Were the crew smoking on deck ( and if so, was it a lot?)
3) Was the camera area respected with exclusively camera equipment?

I was on the MY Blue in Nov and it was a really good trip, but i had a couple of issues, namely drinks and sometimes fins being placed on the camera table ( i raised it and they stopped though) Lots of smoking on the deck ( not the divedeck) and to be fair lots of guests were smoking too. Occasionally there were crew hanging about in the movie room in the salon lying on the sofas...later turned out to be the captain...

I'm also trying to build a database of boats that are dual side mount friendly.

Tnx!

1. No – RSA I - June 2018
2. No – they smoked up front and away from divers
3. Yes – I do not recall seeing anything other than cameras and go pros

The level of service was a bit shocking to me. I had heard good things, but I didn't expect it to be that good! Our group got "yelled at" daily for trying to clear our own used glasses, plates, etc. By day three, we pesterered Walid enough that he finally relented when we helped sweep our crumbs up from lunch and dinner. I had asked him for a job as his assistant one day, but he said I needed many more years of training.

I spoke to a client yesterday at work who is familiar with the area and customs. She said that what we would consider extraordinary levels of service is a reflection of local conceptions of hospitality and the duties owed to guests. The next time I go I'll just smile and say thanks without trying to subvert the process.

Back
Top Bottom