Red Line 1600 Gear Bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Discovery

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone used the gear bags and if so were they any good at all, or too big?

I don't know that particular bag, but bags that size usually go over the airline weight limit even if lightly packed.

After trying a number of different styles over the years, I ended up with that. It's large enough for all my cold water gear (TLS350 drysuit + backplate), is the correct weight for airlines once full (give or take a couple pounds), and is small enough it isn't a problem to store on boats.

That said, if you don't plan on traveling by air or bring your bag on a boat, there is no such thing as too large a bag.

ptyx, does that fit as a carry-on? It looks just a little too big for it but hard to tell from the pictures

Too big for carry on, and definitely too heavy anyway. It's basically a very large duffel bag with a hard bottom and rollers.

If you want a carry on, did you look at that? There was a review thread somewhere on SB and the buyer was happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom