recsea 95 adaptor question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chinacat46

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I'm going to buy a recsea 95 and want to use bayonet lens. I've found three different adaptors and was wondering what people would recommend. Backscatter and Reef both sell the Fisheye Fix Inon 28AD adaptor which costs about $189. Blue Water sells the Dyron 28AD quick mount adaptor also at $189. I've also found a 10Bar adaptor 46mm to Inon AD mount at a few places for $9.95 to $34.95. My question is why is the 10Bar so much cheaper. None of the places really describe the adaptors and I'm wondering is the 10Bar gonna be just as good as the other 2 which cost so much more. I'm interested in using the adaptor with a UFL-165AD and UCL-165AD. I'm assuming all of the adaptors would work with these lens am I missing something?

I use the FIX S90 with FIX AD adapter + Inon UFL165AD and 2x UCL165 ADs. The lenses are so easy to interchange underwater.

With the UFL165AD, I have to zoom in to 35mm to eliminate the vignetting which seems to just bring field of view to the UFL165AD's originally intended field of view.

I compared it to the field of view when mounted on a Canon P&S (native 35mm) on Canon Housing with Inon AD mount and the field of view is the same as my FIX S90 zoomed in to 35mm. I don't believe there is any loss in field of view by zooming in Since the UFL165AD was never intended to be used with a 28mm lens.

You can also check out the huge thread on the FIX S90. There will be tons of info that applies to the Recsea S95 Housing and set up.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/canon-corner/317325-fisheye-fix-s90.html

I read though most of it and went with the simplest way to get the AD lenses mounted - The FIX AD mount. There are other adapter/combinations discussed along with the pros and cons of the lenses that go with it. I think it is already at over 60 pages

I'm going to buy a recsea 95 ----. None of the places really describe the adaptors and I'm wondering is the 10Bar gonna be just as good as the other 2 which cost so much more. I'm interested in using the adaptor with a UFL-165AD and UCL-165AD. I'm assuming all of the adaptors would work with these lens am I missing something?

The Recsea95 is EXACTLY the same housing as the former FIX90 with a few ergonomic improvements. Anything in the referenced thread by Ozzie will work as shown in that thread and this one:

View topic - The Great Summer 2010 Wet Lens Shoot Out!|Underwater Photography Guide

The "10Bar AD to 67mm" adapter is used with either the FIX 67mm adapter kit or the Dyron 67mm to 44mm adapter. I use the FIX 67mm adapter kit with the 10Bar AD to 67mm adapter for my UFL165AD and UCL165AD.

Here is the FIX 67mm port adapter kit and 10Bar AD to 67mm adapter:

DSCF0001-1.jpg

The FIX port kits consist of three pieces, left to right, on the camera port I have installed the clip plate, next is the snap over 67mm adapter and next (not visible) the lock ring that locks the two pieces together) and next is the 10Bar AD to 67mm adapter. The lens is sitting on the rear protective cap.

In this photo you can see the lock ring not shown in the photo above, I have it retracted and you can see a small metal pin that locks and prevents rotation of the parts (in theory).

DSCF0025.jpg

The Dyron adapter is a 67mm to 44mm piece that replaces the three piece FIX port adapter kit. Both still need the 10 Bar AD to 67mm adapter to use AD lenses. Both systems take 67mm lenses directly.

There are three FIX port kits:

1. ST bayonet type -- compatible with Sea Tool bayonet mount lenses
2. Inon 28AD bayonet type --compatible with 28AD lenses and maybe some AD lenses
3. 67mm threaded -- compatible with the 67mm lenses and the 10Bar adapter (for AD lenses)

There is also:

A. A 52mm to 44mm (FIX) threaded port adapter for the Fisheye UWL-04 and Dyron 16mm
B. A 67mm to 44mm (Dyron) threaded port adapter for 67mm threaded lenses etc.

This link below shows from above, 1, 2, 3 and A. This link shows (references) B:

http://www.backscatter.com/HostedSt...&s3op=cn&s3=Lenses&s13op=cn&s13=Lens Adapters

This link shows (references) B:

http://www.bluewaterphotostore.com/dyron_adapter_67mm_recsea_s95

I use from the descriptions above, 3, A and the 10Bar adapter and I have ordered B in various combinations to mount these:

P6050319.jpg

Left to right, Inon WAL100-67mm with dome kit, Fisheye UWL-04 and last but not least the Inon UFL165AD, not shown, my Inon UCL165AD macro lens.

N

Last edited:
I recently received my Recsea S95 housing and Dryon AD Mount, from BlueWaterPhoto. The AD Mount is one piece. I have macro, wide and fisheye INON AD lenses, and all work with this mount. You should call them for a quote on both items together. :)

Thanx for the info. I really was interested in finding out if anyone was using the 10Bar 46mm to AD mount. Nemrod uses a 10Bar adapter to go to AD from 67mm so I guess they must be good quality.

Thanx for the info. I really was interested in finding out if anyone was using the 10Bar 46mm to AD mount. Nemrod uses a 10Bar adapter to go to AD from 67mm so I guess they must be good quality.

If you could provide a link to the item that would be helpful?

James

I am not familiar with the 10Bar adapter and the photo on it is not clear in the link. It looks like the 10Bar 67mm to AD adapter screwed into a 67mm to 44mm adapter.

The Dyron, I think it is a three piece unit similar to the FIX 28AD port kit. Like since so many things from Dyron there are no clear photos or description of the product and I really have no idea what it is or why it is. Beats me, when you go down this rabbit hole of adapter-ology, it can get complicated and sometimes you just have to go with something and hope it works. I know what I use works, the rest of it, don't know but it would be helpful if the manufacturers would provide clear photos of the products and a concise and informative description of the product.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom