Question Recreational Divers: What are the biggest problems you face in this sport?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mako33

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wondering what some of the biggest pain points are for everyone. Fogged up mask? Underwater communication?

Since I've solved my fogging mask issue (polishing using a Magic Eraser between dives, btw), I'd say it's a tie between money for dive trips, and taking time off of work to take those trips.

Sadly, one has a dramatic effect on the other....

I have to agree with the “time off” and “money” comments. Those are the biggest problems I have. If I had to pick a problem while diving I’d say deploying a dsmb, since I don’t practice that enough. Up until about dive 50, the biggest problems were proper weighting and air consumption. But those aren’t problems now.

Trim. Especially during a valve drill.
Or while I switch strokes, perfectly flat flutter, to parachute trim frog kicking.

Do people sometimes call buoyancy, trim? Because there's a ton of talk about buoyancy training. But buoyancy is cake.

Rapidly diminishing quality of dive sites. Among other factors, overfishing depleting marine life, bleaching killing corals, and hurricanes and micro organisms causing rapid deterioration's of once spectacular shipwrecks.

Back
Top Bottom