Recommended Hand Mount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

napDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have some DGX lights. I need a hand mount so I can use my hands for other things while diving. I dive sidemount and would like to take it with me when I travel. This will be used during bad viz, signaling, and night dives.

Any recommendations? I can't really tell what's the pros and cons for each option. I'm currently considering

DGX Soft Handmount - DGX Soft Handmount | Dive Gear Express®
Elastic Handmount - Dive Rite Elastic Handmount (All DR lights) | Dive Gear Express®
Goodman Handmount - Dive Rite Goodman Handmount for Dive Rite Lights | Dive Gear Express® Light Monkey Goodman Handmount | Dive Gear Express®

Thanks!

Cave Adventurers - OxyCheq Raider Light Sock (Raider III) - Marianna, Florida USA - Never Undersold!

this one is better than all of those.
The DGX hand sock is uncomfortable, at least for me, it's also really bulky compared to the Oxycheq
The Dive Rite elastic mount requires that the light have holes in the body which the backup lights won't so that's out
The Dive Rite Goodman is the same thing as the soft, just a hard handle, which you really don't want with a backup light since the advantage of a hard goodman is how easy it is to get off of your hand. Still need holes to screw into.
The Light Monkey is the same thing as the Dive Rite, just a bit more universal, but still needs something to screw into, and it is still really easy to have fall off of your hand

I like the DiveRite quick-release glove. The female part is on the glove. The male part can be mounted to most lights. I've got male fittings on my canister light heads, my TL4800, my D2600, and my Sola, and females on my glove and my helmet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom