Recommended dive sites in Orlando?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knife

Registered
Reaction score
I'm coming to Orlando for 2 weeks with my family in about 4 weeks.

During the days they aren't doing the Universal parks I plan to find somewhere to go diving (among other things)

Can anyone recommend any dive centres in Orlando to me? I'm hoping to either do some adventure dives or even do my advanced.

I dunno if it makes any difference to the recommended sites but I'm a newly trained diver (Did the PADI open water diver course 2-3 weeks ago while on holiday with my girlfriend) and have 6 logged dives.

Cheers

I think you'll learn from other posters that the only diving in Orlando is at the aquarium. Diving is at least an hour's drive (springs) to 3 or 4 hours (Jupiter, Palm Beach). If you have the time, it's worth the drive because the diving along the lower east coast is very good...as long as there are no hurricanes!

try epcot and maybe the local springs (blue, alexander) and then drive down to jupiter/west palm/boynton
there's not much around orlando

Epcot.

Epcot link http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/tourDetail?id=EpcotDiveQuestTourPage&bhcp=1

Blue Springs is in Orange City, which is north and somewhat east of Orlando, is not far from Interstate 4 and easy to find. This is a state park, and has no gear rentals or fill station, so whatever you need will have to be brought with you.

Alexander Springs is ~ 2 hours from Orlando, with the drive being considerably more complicated. This is a national park, and once again, there are no gear rentals or tank fills available.

If you want to dive Alexander Springs, let me know and maybe we can set something up. I have a couple of extra tanks that you could use, and since the max depth is 25 feet (approx. 8 meters), two tanks would be plenty.

scubafool:
Epcot link http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/tourDetail?id=EpcotDiveQuestTourPage&bhcp=1

Blue Springs is in Orange City, which is north and somewhat east of Orlando, is not far from Interstate 4 and easy to find. This is a state park, and has no gear rentals or fill station, so whatever you need will have to be brought with you.

Alexander Springs is ~ 2 hours from Orlando, with the drive being considerably more complicated. This is a national park, and once again, there are no gear rentals or tank fills available.

If you want to dive Alexander Springs, let me know and maybe we can set something up. I have a couple of extra tanks that you could use, and since the max depth is 25 feet (approx. 8 meters), two tanks would be plenty.

I am only 18 so I think I would be taxi-ing there if anything. The only equipment I have is a wetsuit so I would need to find somewhere to rent a BCD, fins, mask and regulators >_<

I'll check out the epcot thing now. My family will be doing theme parks every day for 2 weeks. We've done them 2 times before and the disney parks bore me, so I'll be missing those and doing other things

Hmmm taxi,..LOL!!!!

I lived in Orlando, taxi's don't remember seeing them, I am sure they have them, will cost you a fortune, Orlando is very large and strungout, not to mention the toll roads.

YOU WILL NEED TO RENT A CAR, THEY ARE CHEAP BY THE WEEK.

They do have a very good bus system

They don't do much diving in the area. There are several shops, they mostly go to the springs or weekends, 165 miles south to drift dive.

ALexander is a good get wet dive, in the Ocala Forest probably 45 - 120 mintues depending upon where you are in Orlando.

If you make it to the pan handle I can help you. I dive Vortex www.vortexspring.com, Morrison, Cypress often. I have extra tanks, weights, BCD and Regs, fins, masks.

I am mile marker 96 on I-10 It's good for couple of days to get away. Probably 6 hours by car. I made the trip once this year and last. in 2002 I drove from JAX and back every week.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I wont be able to do that with it being a family holiday and all. I'm pretty sure I'm too young to rent a car in the US anyway, plus money is a big issue.

I'd love to get out and dive somewhere in florida but it doesnt look like its happening other than..... epcot D:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom