Recommendations on new travel BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDoug

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been using a Seaquest passport BCD since about 2005. It's getting a bit long in the tooth, and I have had some issues with unintended inflation of the BCD in the recent past. I would be interested in knowing everybody's suggestions on a solid a replacement BCD for travel, vest Style.

Sorry, don't understand your reply?

There are a few on SubaBoard.com who prefer a back plate & wing combination to a vest style BCD.

It looks cool, but it's kinda pricey. Any thoughts on the Cressi Travelight? It's half the price.

Strong preference for BP&W in SB.

I use a Cressi Travelight and it is perfectly functional. Very lightweight for travel and very well reviewed by magazines etc. Some folks comment on the lighter weight material and pockets ripping on them but I have not had that problem. very sturdy BCD.

One question though, if the only problem you are having is with the power inflator why aren’t you just replacing the power inflator instead of buying a whole new BCD?

@Dan_T has one and he travels all around the world with it. Hope he’ll chime in!

Reactions: Dan
2975ACDA-605E-45C2-A570-92A1DC836BA1.png
Did you see in the latest scuba diving magazine bcd for Tavel testers choice was the Scubapro seahawk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom