Recommendations on new travel BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have a look at the Dive Rite TravelPac. It weighs under 6 lbs, most of the hardware is stainless steel, it has 2 cam bands, and doesn't have any unnecessary crap on it, weight pockets can be added. Dive Rite TravelPac BC

Strong preference for BP&W in SB.

Nah mate, it's just us single tank jacket users are respectful enough not to stand on the rooftops and cry

I love the Cressi Travelight 2.0 and how realistic is the price
and you can squish it all up in with your stuff

Take off the scubapro aqualung badges and what have you got?
What's that you say, "well a whole lot more bang for your buck!"

I have never had a Cressi Travelite BCD, but I did have a Cressi Air Travel BCD. It was their light weight travel back inflate BCD as opposed to a jacket type. I had problems right from the first time I used it. The LPI was assembled incorrectly and it would constantly inflate. Until the LPI was replaced, the only solution was to connect/disconnect the hose as required. Other than that, due in part to its light weight, it was also about 4lbs positively buoyant. The first 4lbs of lead that I carried was simply to offset the BCD. Having said that, other than the LPI, it seemed relatively well made.

I tried to sell it, with no success and eventually it was donated to a LDS to be included in their rental gear.

I have been using a Seaquest passport BCD since about 2005. It's getting a bit long in the tooth, and I have had some issues with unintended inflation of the BCD in the recent past. I would be interested in knowing everybody's suggestions on a solid a replacement BCD for travel, vest Style.

You may just need a new inflator. I am not an expert on Seaquest, but I do know at least some of their BCs use proprietary parts.

I was always a huge fan of my Scubapro Litehawk, which I used until I switched to a backplate. They very durable, nice and minimalist. It worked well for me because all the weight I need could fit in the trim pouches. If you need more than 10 pounds, you would need a weight belt or additional pockets.

inflator also might just need servicing

/thread jack/

Have you ever done this before? I remember some people claiming that sometimes inflators don't work well after a rebuild. I only needed to change a Schrader valve on one of mine. It worked fine.

/thread jack over/

If you're able to just replace the power inflator, a generic part can be had from DGX for ~$16.

If you're able to just replace the power inflator, a generic part can be had from DGX for ~$16.

Seaquest is different. They do not use standard parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom